Thursday, February 2, 2012

Dinner Tonight: [Not So] Greek Meatballs

I case you were getting bored with my constant post of Jaxon (although I know you aren't) or just frustrated that I don't post enough, I now give you: Dinner Tonight.

This recipe was borrowed (word for word) from Weight Watchers. It's their recipe for for Greek meatballs, although in all the years of my mom making Greek food, I couldn't find one ingredient that was actually a Greek staple. Therefore, I "cleverly" renamed this dish.


Ingredients:
  • 1 lb uncooked turkey breast
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp sage
  • 8 small uncooked new potatoes
  • 9 oz frozen artichoke hearts
  • 1/2 tsp dried oregano
  • 1/4 tsp black pepper
  • 1 cup chicken broth
  • 1 tablespoon corn starch
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice

Instructions:
  • coat a skillet with cooking spray
  • season turkey with salt and sage, shape into balls. Add turkey to the skillet and brown on all sides, about 3-5 minutes. Remove and place in slow cooker.
  • Add potatoes, frozen artichoke hearts, oregano, pepper and broth. Cover and cook on high heat for 5-6 hours.
  • About 15 minutes before serving, spoon cornstarch into a cup. Add one tablespoon of the slow cooker liquid and lemon juice; stir well.  Stir into slow cooker, cover and cook on low heat for 15 minutes more.

No comments:

Post a Comment